Forever Lean is a weight management product produced in the US by Forever Living Products. It is designed to help the user to lower their calorie intake by limiting the amount of calories they are able to attain from dietary fats and carbohydrates.
Forever Living appears to be a reputable company, but the Forever Lean sales page on the company website is woefully lacking in information about the product and how it is supposed to achieve the desired results.
The site has a PDF document that provides a tiny bit more information and makes much ado about the use of two “revolutionary ingredients”, but both of them are used in numerous other products and one of them (prickly pear) has been used as an appetite suppressant for several hundred years.
- Helps block the absorption of calories from fat and carbohydrates.
- Uses chromium to help the body regulate blood sugar levels and encourage a normal metabolism.
- Temporarily inhibits the absorption of calories from sugar.
Claims: To block the absorption of calories from fat and carbohydrates
Positives: Good ingredient profile, highly reputable manufacturer
Negatives: Not as effective as some of the current market leaders
What is Forever Lean and how does it Work
Forever Lean is primarily designed to function as a fat binder and carb blocker. Each gram of fat eaten provides 9 calories. Each gram of carbohydrate provides 4 calories. Fat binders that successfully fulfil their desired function bind with dietary fats inside the stomach and prevent them from being digested in the normal way. Carb blockers disrupt the abilities of digestive enzymes that are necessary to process carbohydrates. If the carbohydrates cannot be fully digested they cannot release their calories.
In theory this combination of nutrient binding and blocking should lower the calorie intake enough to prevent further weight gain. Better still, if the body fails to receive a sufficient supply of calories it may be forced to begin burning its stores of fat. But what sounds good in theory does not always work in practice. Good results require quality ingredients in adequate amounts.
Four Forever Lean capsules provide:
- Chromium (120mcg): A mineral that appears to be able to stimulate insulin secretion and help ensure glucose is efficiently transported to the cells to provide them with energy. It is believed that this increase in energy at the cellular level enhances the breakdown of fats and glucose and helps regulate blood sugar levels.
- Indian Fig Extract (1050mg): More commonly known as prickly pear, Indian fig is a high fibre ingredient derived from a species of cactus. Hundreds of years ago Indian tribesmen used to chew on the flesh of the plant to stave off feelings of hunger during long hunting trips. In more recent years it has been discovered Indian fig can soak up dietary fats within the stomach and bind with them. This results in the fat molecules becoming too large to pass through the walls of the intestines and be digested. One study conducted in Germany is highly supportive of the ingredient’s abilities. Others studies suggest it has little to offer, so further research is much to be desired.
- White Kidney Bean Extract (445mg): White kidney bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) enjoys a good reputation as a carb blocker, and the results of a study conducted at the University of California suggest its reputation is not unwarranted. After a 4-week randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study involving 25 healthy volunteers, the researchers examined the gathered data and discovered the white kidney bean group had lost more weight than the placebo group. However, they also acknowledged the fact that further study is required. It is also important to note the volunteers who took part in the study received 100mg of the ingredient each day. The Forever Lean formulation provides less than half this amount.
Customer reviews paint a conflicting picture of the product. Some people say it works, others claim it is a waste of time.
A few sample reviews read:
Side Effects & Health Issues
The official sales page fails to mention if side effects are likely to be an issue, but Amazon.com provide a picture of the label and it states some users may need to seek medical advice prior to using Forever Lean diet pills:
- Women who are pregnant or nursing.
- People who have existing medical problems.
- Individuals who have a legume allergy.
Forever Lean does not appear to be backed by a money back guarantee.
Purchasing Options & Considerations
It is possible to purchase Forever Lean directly from the manufacturer’s website, but the company only ships to customers who are based in the US. However, the sales page states the product is not available in the state of California. Shipping is available to Hawaii and Alaska though. Each bottle contains 120 capsules and has a price tag of $34.62. Customers who are unable or unwilling to buy directly from the official sales page can purchase via Amazon.com ($26.95) or Amazon UK (£31.67).
We have reviewed and rated many diet pills including fat burners, fat blockers, and appetite suppressants – we order the best products using criteria such as effect, safety and customer testimonials.
Click here to view the results