PHD Woman Body Sculpt is a supplement produced in the UK by PHD Woman.
The company produces a number of other supplements and all of them are aimed at women who live very energetic lifestyles.
Body Sculpt is no exception because the marketing material states it is designed for “the active woman” and to “aid with an effective weight management plan and sensible training regime”.
PHD woman don’t really explain what benefits customers can expect, they merely provide a kind of product overview:
- For the active woman
- Research proven ingredients
- High Caffeine formula
- Green tea extract
- Alpha lipoic acid
What is Body Sculpt and How Does it Work
PHD Woman fail to state how the formulation is designed to work, but the fact that they are so quick to point out the presence of caffeine and green tea suggest it may be intended to be, first and foremost, a fat burner and energy provider.
Two capsules contain:
- Caffeine anhydrous (200mg): Although caffeine’s ability to provide extra energy is well known, as is its power to boost mental focus, these are not generally the main reason why it is added to diet supplements. Caffeine is also a natural appetite suppressant and it has been scientifically proven capable of assisting weight loss by encouraging thermogenic fat burning.
- Green tea extract (100mg): A popular diet pill ingredient with proven abilities, green tea contains catechins that have the ability to boost the metabolism and encourage the body to begin burning its stores of fat. Green tea is also rich in antioxidants that can help protect the body from disease and support good health, so it is a good all-rounder that can assist the body in numerous ways.
- Phosphatidylserine (100mg): A compound that is present in white beans and meat. Phosphatidylserine is often added to bodybuilding supplements because it is believed to encourage speedier post-exercise recovery rates, but the amount included here may not be sufficient to produce good results.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid (50mg): ALA is an antioxidant that is found in many foods. The body can also manufacture its own ALA, but supplements that provide additional ALA are not without merit because its presence is required in all the cells of the body and an abundance of ALA helps the muscles to absorb glucose more easily. This results in an energy boost that many dieters/gym-goers can find very useful.
- DMAE Bitartrate (50mg): Sometimes called dimethylaminoethanol bitartrate, DMAE Bitartrate is a chemical that is necessary for the production of acetylcholine (neurotransmitter). Supplement manufacturers often add DMAE Bitartrate to their formulations because its presence is reputed to boost athletic performance. However, we were only able to find one study that (partially) supports such a claim and DMAE Bitartrate was used, alongside vitamins and minerals, to support the abilities of natural ginseng. The Body Sculpt formulation does not contain ginseng.
- Ginger Powder (25mg): A versatile cooking spice that can be very soothing when taken as a natural remedy for an upset stomach. The results of one study, conducted at the Institute of Human Nutrition (Columbia University, New York) suggest supplementation with ginger may support weight loss by providing a feeling of satiety and enhancing thermogenesis. However, the study was conducted on men, so a study conducted on female volunteers is much to be desired.
- Dandelion Root (25mg): Although dandelion root often finds its way into weight loss supplements it has no proven ability in this regard. It has a good reputation as a diuretic though, so it can be useful for reducing the amount of water that is present in the body. This will undoubtedly lead to some degree of weight loss, but it is important not to confuse this with fat loss and to be aware the body’s water levels will return to normal when supplementation is stopped.
At the time of this review, we were unable to locate a sufficient amount of customer testimonials anywhere online.
Side Effects & Health Issues
No side effects have been reported, but the manufacturer is quick to point out the folly of exceeding the recommended dosage and also asks customers to bear in mind the caffeine content of the capsules makes them unsuitable for use late at night. Apart from than no other health warnings are offered, but pregnant or nursing mothers should always err on the side of caution and avoid taking any form of supplement that has not been approved by their doctor. The same advice is offered to people who have existing health problems and to anyone who is taking medication and/or other supplements.
There is no money back guarantee.
Where to Buy Body Sculpt
It is possible to purchase Body Sculpt directly from the manufacturer’s website and a (60 capsule) bottle has a price tag of £21.99. It is also possible to purchase the pills from Boots and, at the time of this review, the Boots price was considerably cheaper at just £16.49.
PhenQ is arguably the best selling diet pill currently especially as the UK and Ireland is concerned. It is also extremely popular in the United States, Canada and Australia.
PhenQ is the multi benefit fat burner, fat blocker and appetite suppressor that Utilises a-Lacys Reset, Capsimax, Chromium Picolinate and Nopal – four highly effective weight loss ingredients.