Skinny Body Max is a diet pill brought to market by the same company as Skinny Fiber. It contains the same ingredients as its sister product and has five more thrown in on top.
Customers who buy Skinny Body Max are promised three main benefits:
- Weight management
- Antioxidant support
- Supports healthy metabolism
What is Skinny Body Max and How Does it Work?
Skinny Body Max contains a natural formulation of ingredients designed to support weight loss by speeding up the metabolism, suppressing the appetite, and providing other benefits intended to create a situation where the body becomes so short of calories it has to begin burning its fat.
According to the marketing material, it’s the first and only product of its kind to be packed with nutrient-rich enzymes that will get your body in a position where it’s ready to lose weight.
That’s sounds very good, but the truth of the matter is all of the ingredients can be found in competing products and the Skinny Body Max formulation is not as ground-breaking as the marketing material makes it sound.
Each (2 capsule) serving provides 1,160mg of the Skinny Body Max proprietary blend:
- Glucomannan: A water-soluble fibre taken from the roots of the konjac plant. When taken with sufficient quantities of water, it expands in the stomach to create a feeling of fullness. It’s ability to suppress the appetite has been proven, but all of the successful studies involved three (1000mg) doses per day. Two doses may not be enough to deliver satisfactory results.
- Garcinia Cambogia: A fruit extract that provides hydroxycitric acid (HCA). HCA is a natural appetite suppressant. It also has the ability to prevent the body from converting excess calories into fat. However, garcinia cambogia extracts need to be at least 60% HCA. Many are not and the HCA percentage of the extract used here is not stated.
- Caralluma: A cactus extract. The results of one scientific study suggest caralluma may be good for weight loss, but the participants were given 1000mg per day. The dose here is likely to be significantly lower.
- Orafti Fiber: A patented inulin extract. Inulin fructans can be found in many plants and vegetables, but the innulin used in Orafti is taken from chicory roots.
- Cayenne Extract: A red pepper extract. Scientic study shows red pepper extracts have the ability to speed the metabolism and encourage weight loss, but good results will require a sufficient inclusion rate.
- Raspberry Keytones: The phenols provided by raspberry ketones support weight loss by suppressing the appetite and helping with fat burning, but there are two forms of raspberry ketones. The most powerful one is taken from raspberries and it’s very expensive. A lot of manufacturers use a lab-produced version because its much cheaper, but the synthetic version is lacking in power. It’s unclear which version is in use here.
- Lactobacillus Plantarum: A probiotic ingredient that may help improve digestive health, but experts say supplements of this nature may not be required.
The capsules also provide 260mg of a proprietary enzyme blend.
Although enzyme supplements are becoming more popular, their potential to good appears to also carry a risk to do harm.
Skinny Body Max Customer Feedback
Customer reviews are a mix of good and bad.
Two reviews from satisfied customers read:
Two negative Skinny Body Max reviews read:
Skinny Body Max Side Effects & Health Issues
The possibility of side effects is not mentioned in the marketing material, but the formulation will not be suitable for women who are pregnant or nursing a child.
Anyone who has existing health issues should always check with a doctor before using any brand of dietary supplement. The same advice is offered to people who are planning on using Skinny Body Max alongside medication or other supplements.
Skinny Body Max Purchasing Options & Considerations
You can buy Skinny Body Max from the manufacturer’s website. It’s also possible to purchase it from Amazon. Each bottle contains a 30-day supply of pills (120 capsules) and customers who buy directly from the manufacturer are looking at a price tag of $59.95 (or £ equivalent).The Amazon price is just under $43.
A 90-day money back guarantee is promised, but it’s only available to customers who buy Skinny Body Max from the manufacturer’s website or via an official distributor.
The Bottom Line
On the face of it, Skinny Body Max appears to be a decent product. For the most part, the ingredients are very good, but there is no way of knowing if the better ones are included in sufficient quantity.
In the case of garcinia cambogia and raspberry ketones, the quality of the extracts is also questionable. The product does appear to work for some customers though. It has also let many people down.
Bearing in mind the recommendation to drink such a high volume of water per day, we have to ask ourselves if the people who lost weight while using Skinny Body Max had drunk so much water their stomachs felt too full to eat.
This kind of effect can be achieved without the help of diet pills, but most people’s lifestyles (work etc.) will not permit the frequent toilet visits such an approach will entail.
In all fairness, we cannot condemn this product without good cause, but we do feel there are better options available.
We review and rate hundreds of diet products and put them into order based on what we feel are your best option.
The results are heavily influenced by customer feedback – what actual users have experienced using the products.
Click here to see which fat burners are most positively commented on by customers