OxyElite Pro claims to be “The World’s Premium Super Thermogenic” weight-loss supplement.
Manufactured by USP Labs, the company’s website makes bold claims about reasons fat is difficult to burn, and talks about ‘secret’ ingredients and methods that this product uses to help you achieve weight-reduction.
But have they really unlocked the secret to superior weight loss.
Read the review and discover what customs think about the product.
How Does it Work
OxyElite Pro works on the principle that Alpha-2 receptors drive fat storage, preventing it from being burnt off. In order to combat this, USP Labs claims that it has identified a way to interfere with this behavior by blocking and shutting down the Alpha-2 receptor and allowing fat to be broken down by the body.
What are the Ingredients
USP Labs groups the components of OxyElite Pro under the heading “Proprietary Blend”. While a list of ingredients is provided, the amounts of each item that can be found in the product are not disclosed, with the exception of caffeine.
The blend and caffeine can be found in nearly equal amounts, with the bulk of ingredients adding up to 119mg and caffeine accounting for an additional 100mg.
- Rauwolfia Canescens (Rauwolscine) – USP Labs likens this ingredient to yohimbine, found in other weight-loss supplements, which works by targeting Alpha-2 receptors. However, USP indicates that the problem with yohimbine is that it also targets Alpha-1 receptors, which may interfere with fat loss. While this compound is theorized to aid in weight reduction, it is not known whether a sufficient quantity is available in OxyElite Pro.
- Bauhinia purpurea L. – Based on the idea that T3 and T4 hormones promote fat loss, Bauhinia purpurea L. is used in this product to enhance levels of these thyroid hormones in the body, and increase the conversion of T4 into more powerful T3. Again, while it is possible that this substance promotes thyroid hormone production and activity, there is no information available regarding the amount required to accomplish this, or whether this product contains enough to do the job.
- Geranium Stems – Also known as DMAA, 1,3-Dimethylamylamine is extracted from geranium stems to provide a stimulant effect analogous to that of epinephrine. It is commonly found in thermogenic diet products such as OxyElite Pro.
- Cirsium Oligophyllum – USP claims that this whole plant extract can help target subcutaneous fat for reduction, and leave important visceral fat, which protects organs, intact.
- Caffeine – Typical of diet pills, caffeine is included in the product not only for its stimulant properties, but also because of purported synergistic effects when combined with cirsium oligophyllum, boosting the effectiveness of cirsium by nearly 10 times its usual potency. No proof is provided to support this claim.
OxyElite Pro in the Press
In April 2012, the Federal Food and Drug Administration issued a warning letter to several supplement providers, including USP Labs, indicating that they did not provide legally required evidence that their product was safe.
Specifically, this letter targeted products containing DMAA, including OxyElite Pro. The company’s response to this letter is currently unavailable.
OxyElite Pro Customer Results or Testimonials
Online reviews of this product appear to be mixed. Some users have reported satisfactory results, while others have experienced disappointment with the product.
Many purchasers did indicate a noticeable stimulant effect from using OxyElite Pro, but this was not consistently indicative of attendant weight loss.
Testimonials like the one above appear on the official website, but other less unbiased sources paint a different picture.
Does OxyElite Pro Work
The jury appears to be undecided, if online reviews are to be believed. The makers of the product do not provide any data backing up their claims, only citing scientific research articles which serve to demonstrate that the concepts behind the pill may promote weight loss, but not necessarily the pill itself.
The lack of information regarding the amount of each ingredient in OxyElite Pro certainly doesn’t help consumers come to an educated decision regarding its effectiveness.
The only thing that can be said for certain is that purchasing this product will make your wallet thinner – whether it does anything for your waistline is another matter entirely.
Where To Buy OxyElite Pro In The UK
The only realistic stockist is the official website. It costs around £20 for one bottle which is 90 tablets, enough for a month.
It is highly improbable that regular high street retailers such as Holland and Barrett, Tesco and Boots the chemist will hold the product.
There is a free sample offers which we highly recommend you do not take up. Diet pill manufacturers rarely give anything away for free USP labs are no different.
Recommended Fat Burner
PhenQ is one the best selling commercial diet pills of the past few years. Its popularity started almost immediately when it sold over 50,000 units in advance orders prior to release.
Its manufacturers liken taking one capsule to burning the same amount of calories to running for 25 minutes or cycling for 40 minutes.
PhenQ is thoroughly recommended.