There seems to be a lot of supplements around these days that bear the letter-number combination ‘T5’. It hints of something technical and is maybe a little mysterious, but T5 formulations are just ‘Thermogenic Metabolism Booster’ formulations so ‘T5’ only means such formulations are designed to burn calories and the only mystery is whether or not they can deliver the goods.
T5 Thermobolic is produced in the UK by ProMuscle. The company boast it is ‘the world’s strongest thermogenic fat burner’ and they’ve even given the product an all-new look for 2014 by adding a jazzy new holographic label, but when you look past the razzle-dazzle of the label and all the usual hype how good is the formulation likely to be? Let’s take look and see.
Claims: To be a natural fat burner that can increase the metabolism and regulate energy levels
Positives: Natural ingredients, reputable company
Negatives: Does not appear to have a money back guarantee, lacks independent customer reviews
ProMuscle may claim their product is the best in the world, but they offer no explanation as to who said it’s the best, why it’s the best, or how the promised benefits will be achieved.
The entire sales pitch on the ProMuscle website is contained in one short sentence, half of which is about the holographic label. There is also a T5 Thermobolic website that has two sentences and a bulled pointed list.
All talk of the new label is omitted and instead of being the best in the world T5 Thermobolic is referred to as ‘our explosive new formula’.
ProMuscle fails to state why they chose any of their ingredients or what effects they expect them to produce. That a pretty poor show, but at least they had the courtesy to provide full inclusion rates, so they get a reluctant pat on the back for that. The list of ingredients follows below and we’ve added a little information about the possible benefits each one may provide.
- Caffeine (200mg): The amount included here is similar to that provided by two 8 oz. cups of instant coffee; so it should add a little extra buzz to the day, but may also result in caffeine related side effects.
- Brazilian Cocoa Extract (150mg): Cocoa is rich in theobromine and Epicathicin, both compounds are credited with metabolism boosting powers, but scientific evidence is lacking.
- Capsicum Extract (120mg): Research has proven capsicum capsaicoinds have the power to boost the metabolism and promote fat burning, but the recommended dose is double this amount.
- Green Tea 80% Extract (40mg): Offers numerous health benefits and some tests show it can stimulated thermogenic fat burning, but the amount included here is probably too low.
- Niacin (Vitamin B3) (35mg): Lowers cholesterol levels and promotes heart health. Also believed to improve the metabolism.
- Guarana (25mg): A South American fruit rich in caffeine. Guarana is known to release caffeine more slowly than other caffeine providers.
- Acetyl L Carnitine (20mg): An amino acid believed to help convert fat into energy.
- Bioperine (Black Pepper Extract) (9mg): Tests show Bioperine may ensure the easy absorption of other ingredients. Also a source of the piperine alkaloid (a proven aid to the metabolism).
- Non-Training Days: A maximum of two capsules can be taken each day, split into two doses separated by four to six hours.
- Training Days: Two capsules should be taken 30 to 40 mins before training is commenced.
No money back guarantee is offered
Customer Feedback and Testimonials
At the time of this review no customer feedback could be found, but three DJs from Blackpool’s local radio station, Radio Wave, took part in a T5 weight loss challenge, to see how many pounds they could shed in 12 weeks, and tracked their progress via weekly on-air weigh-ins.
The DJs Rob Lynch, Ged Mills, and Hayley Key, combined supplementation with a sensible diet and exercised three times a week. At the end of the 12 period all three had attained healthy weight loss results and Ged Mills lost 16lbs in 8 weeks.
Side Effects & Other Issues
One a positive note T5 Thermobolic is vegetarian-friendly, but the caffeine content may be an issue for some users. Possible caffeine-related side effects may include headaches, the jitters, nausea, and restlessness.
T5 Thermobolic is not suitable for pregnant or nursing mothers.
Anyone who has any health issues or concerns should seek medical advice prior to using the formulation.
ProMuscle says side effects are rare, but warn users to discontinue use of the product and contact their GP if adverse actions occur. They also advise against using the formulation in conjunction with alcohol.
The Bottom Line
Is T5 Thermobolic really the world’s strongest thermogenic fat burner? That’s not likely. Will it assist fat burning? Possibly—some of the ingredients certainly have the potential to do so, but all of them can be found included in far superior blends and in many case such blends have a lower price tag, offer a higher chance of success and back it all up with a guarantee; so better options are available.
Where To Buy T5 Thermobolic
A tub of 60 capsules costs £25 from the ProMuscle or T5 Thermobolic websites. Free UK delivery is offered and bulk buy discounts are available, but £25 is a lot of money to pay for an untested and unproven product that may not even work. Slight savings can be made by purchasing T5 Thermobolic from Amazon UK, but don’t expect to pay less than £20.
We would suggest looking at PhenQ – A highly effective fat burner that has a very loyal customer base.
PhenQ is a best seller in not only the UK but the US, Canada and Australia as well as several other European countries.