“Lose 10 Pounds in one week!” If you ever see this pop up on your computer screen, TV, or see it in a print ad, beware.
Any product that claims this has got to be suspicious. Meizitang Botanical Soft Gels are no exception to that rule.
Meizitang Botanical claim to be the 100% natural slimming supplement that can help you lose copious amounts of weight without a reason as to the how!
We review Meizitang with a high degree of suspicion.
What Are They and How do They Work
Meizitang Botanical Soft Gels claim to work by using properties of natural plants to restrain the activity of lipase in stomach and intestinal canal, preventing the fat eaten from being digested into the body. This fat then passes out of the body with the stool.
There are 3 main products in the range:
- Orginal Meizitang Soft Gel
- Meizitang Strong Version
- Meizi Evolution
What are the Ingredients
The ingredients of Meizitang Botanical Soft Gels that are listed on their website are “nice slimming grass”, jobstears, tarragon, psyllium shell, hoof bamboo shoot, and lotus leaf.
A quick perusal of the internet to see if any other ingredients are present that are not mentioned on the main website indicate that large doses of caffeine may also be present, but let’s take a look at the medicinal properties of these herbs.
- Slimming Grass – Apparently there is no such thing as “slimming” grass, but there is “wheat grass” which is often what some people are selling you when they say “slimming grass”. Taken in sufficient quantities, wheat grass is a very healthy food, with many good properties. However, that amount is going to far exceed the amount that can be packed into a couple of capsules along with other ingredients.
- Jobstears – Used as a barley-like cereal grain throughout the Far East. Has a host of medicinal qualities, when used in doses of 9-30 grams dry. To get the benefits of Jobstears, you need to eat a cereal bowl of them cooked.
- Tarragon – is said to encourage digestion – a polite term for its use as a laxative. These properties will help a person “eliminate” rather quickly! It is also used as a diuretic – which means some of the weight loss is water.
- Psyllium Shell – Ground Psyllium is a common ingredient in many laxatives and “colon cleanses” It absorbs a large amount of water and encourages the formation of bulky, oddly shaped stools, hence its reputation as a “colon cleanser” It will also make you have to go to the toilet.
- Hoof Bamboo Shoot – Said to be delicious when eaten, and very high in fiber – again encouraging bulky stools. High in Oxacalyic Acid, which, in large doses, is toxic. Said to contain properties that heal ulcers because of its mucilaginous texture that coats the digestive tract – again, speeding elimination.
- Lotus Leaf – Said to lower blood lipids. Again, quantities needed to do so are much higher than what you will safely ingest with Meizitang Botanical Soft Gels
So, we are looking at some ingredients that may help you pass out some of the fat you consume, yes, by irritating your digestive system or coating it to prevent food absorption (and also nutrient absorption).
This makes for oily, runny stools, and is not burning any of the fat you now have on your body.
The ingredients also work by diuretic effect – making your kidneys go into overtime, but not taking off any of your existing body fat.
Meizitang Botanical Soft Gels have not fared too well in the press. According to a press release by the FDA, in September of 2011, Meizitang Botanicals Soft Gels were tested and found to contain a banned chemical.
Meizitang Botanical Soft Gels’s parent company claims to not have received any reports of negative events related to this recall.
Meizitang Botanical Soft Gels Customer Success Stories or Testimonials
Of course, Meizitang Botanical Soft Gels have quite a few customer testimonials on their site claiming success. Independent reviews, however are mixed.
There are many positive reviews, but others complain of feeling “high” or “speedy”, having frequent and painful diarrhea, and a constant light oozing from the anus.
Many reviews also warn those who want to buy Meizitang Botanical Soft Gels to beware of the many imposter gels for sale on the Internet.
Do Meizitang Botanical Soft Gels Work
In the final analysis, do Meizitang Botanical Soft Gels actually work? That answer depends on what you mean by “work”. Yes, you will lose weight – from dehydrating your body, and from ingesting herbs that will coat your stomach and provide the food with an impetus for a quick exit, which will cause you to not only loose calories, but valuable nutrients.
You may also suffer some significant discomfort to achieve what will end up being a reduction of muscle tissue and water, rather than a healthy, slower reduction of body fat.
Where To Buy Meizitang Botanical Soft Gels In The UK
It is not sold in-store (Boots the chemists, Holland and Barrett, Tesco or Superdrug) only appears to be available via its own website.
Alternative Slimming Supplements
It is highly advised to ignore the above for many reasons. A big reason would be Raspberry Ketone.
If you are looking for a natural slimming supplement with a proven track record then Raspberry Ketone is ideal.
Champipned by TV’s Dr Oz – it is suggested that it could help you lose between 2 – 3 lbs per week.